Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Colour poem

Hey guys welcome back to the blog. Today I am sharing my colour poem. A colour poem is a piece of writing that describes one colour but six totally different subjects. For my colour poem I have done the colour blue. I had fun writing it and it was also a bit tricky. My favourite line is 'A intense blue eye staring carefully at the rugby match'. I hope you like my post and poem.

Colour Poem


WALT to use descriptive language to help create an image (picture) in our reader's head


Success Criteria
  • Use adjectives to describe the noun
  • Use adverbs to describe the verb (describe how the action is happening)
  • Use a range of verbs to explain what is happening
  • Use a range of nouns that help us identify with a colour


Blue is the colour of…
  • Juicy blueberries squirting on my face
  • The Cookie Monster quickly sneaking into the cookie jar and gobbling them all up
  • An intense blue eye just staring carefully at the rugby match
  • Kids playing in the fresh swimming pool splashing purposely to their friends
  • Sadness from Inside Out touching the memory balls and turning them into sad memories accidentally
  • Dory swimming around the ocean free and happy while finding her way home

Please leave a comment if you liked it.

6 comments:

  1. Wow Ruby, this is gorgeous, such a pleasure to read. I love it. From Mum x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work ruby, I love you writing and all the descriptive words that you have used. They are great, Keep up the awesome blog post's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grate coulur pome.I like how you used culur coding

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Ruby you did a great poem

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool Ruby! I like the words you chose and I like your
    colour coding too! You have put heaps of effort into it too!
    Keep Up The Great Work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome poem Ruby! I liked your word choses.

    ReplyDelete